The Weird and the Wacky
When the game gets a little confused what shapes and surfaces (textures) items
and people should have, you can catch some funny sights:
(Clicking on the small images opens the large version in a new window)
Nicolas got quite a special letter from his father: it walked to him for so long
that it has no legs left!
Photographed by: Carg85, 58KB (40mm, F6, 1/250)
For Memorial day, the Thronheim innkeeper decorated his table with quite
special ghost-soldier plates.
Photographed by: Sean Larson, 67KB (without Flash)
As I was strolling through Drangheim one evening, I came across Fisk Goldenhand and
Sigfried Rockpicker - dressed in drag and dancing!
Photographed by: Queen Eriu, 93KB (Nokan camera, Kaduk paper)
Un- and Intended noticableness
A number of these are pilfered from posts at Telp's Tavern, by Lord of Light.
There are spoilers below: read at your own risk.
- the captain of the guard in Dook's castle is for ever slapping awake the sleeping
guards (who spend their nights looking for Everstrike).
- all the monks in that drafty Lindisfarne monastery are sneezing.
- Guards in the Drangheim prison, taking a prisoner to the room closest to the (official)
entrance (the one that's locked), and torture him there.
- Warning: certain corridors near Thjorgard city are not safe at night.
- Most inns have something happening: a drunken retired soldier in Sturmford,
a fist fight in Drangheim, a play in Guberland (alas, fairly dull), the first dwarven
miner union in Thjorgard, arguing brewers in Frosgard.
- The apothecary and spell shop signs in Frosgard have been switched. (Vandals?)
- a male sea monster near the place where you started at isle of ashes.
- a shrunken sea monster in Guberland's spell shop.
- a desert terror on the loose in Thronheim; and unlimited guards to fight him.
- a Magreeb baby fighting bandits near the Thjorgard lake.
- several undead have 2 lives. Bet they want to know the cat's secret ;)
- a lich in the lich lab is reading a note when you enter it's room.
- Try talking to the guy who comes out when you activate the skeleton making machine
in the Lich Lab.
- a platoon of lizard orcs is going through the motions at the training hall.
- Some dungeons are noticeably brighter in daytime, even without windows.
- The award you get from slaying the dragon makes you wonder...
- Gods are truly immortal; even after freezing and killing Njam, he'll still pop up
when you enter the dungeon of a 1000 Terrors again.
(Hmm, can't remember more than 20 of those Terrors)
These translations were given by Dr Katla at Telp's Tavern:
- In MM9 if you die you end up in the region of the dead. But even if it looks rather nice,
the designers must think it an awful place, since they've given it a name, Arslegard,
that literally means Home of the Assholes if you read it in Swedish (which is not very
far-fetched since the pantheon and the setting is heavily influenced by Norse mythology).
- [about artifacts] Ok, there's two dagger who comes to mind. One is called Trolleri,
which literally means witchcraft, and there is another which is called Tillhygge,
which means the thing (whatever it is) which you grab for hitting someone with when in a pinch.
- One more artifact translation contributed by Abramis: 'kraftig bage' means 'powerful bow'